These little balls are great for on the go or just as little treats, they are quick and easy to make and require no cooking at all. They keep well in an airtight container for several days, or you can store them in the freezer and eat them straight from frozen which is also yummy!
I like to grab one of these after exercise with a large glass of water or even a water based fruit smoothie.
Containing lots of essential nutrients such as B Vitamins, Magnesium, Iron and many more, they promote metabolic, muscle, heart & brain health – perfect for post exercise!
This recipe makes about 12 little balls at approx 85 calories per ball
Prep Time: 5 Mins | Cook Time: 0 Mins
- 1 Cup of Flaked Gluten Free Oats
- 1/4 Cup of Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Milled Flaxseed
- 1/4 Cup of Mixed Seeds (I used Pumpkin, Sunflower & Sesame)
- 25g Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Smooth Nut or Seed Butter (I used Hazelnut Butter but you could use Almond, Peanut or Cashew Nut Butter
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1-2 Tbsp Water
- Optional extras: Dried Fruit / Currants / Raisins, Cacao Nibs, Crushed Nuts etc
- Combine all ingredients, except the water in a bowl and stir to mix.
- Add enough water to form a sticky mixture.
- Form little balls with your hands by picking up a small amount and squeezing it into a ball shape.
- Store in an airtight container for a few days, or place in the freezer to have on hand for whenever you need them.
Feel free to tag me on Instagram (@purely_vic), I would love to know how you found the recipe or if you made any variations.