Makes approx 21 servings at 40g per serving
Each serving contains approx 190 calories
- 500g Gluten Free Organic Oats (I used rolled oats here but any will work)
- 40g Chia Seeds
- 100g Mixed Seeds (I used Sesame, Pumpkin & Sunflower Seeds)
- 100g Chopped Mixed Nuts (I used Almonds, Hazelnuts, Pecans & Brazil Nuts)
- 10g Dessicated Coconut
- 50g Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 75g Maple Syrup
- 2 Tsp Organic Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 150ºc.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Use you thumb and index finger to “rub in” the coconut oil.
- Line two large baking trays with grease-proof paper.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a thin layer onto the baking trays.
- Bake in the oven for an hour or so (or until crispy), stirring halfway through.
- Optional – Once cooked, turn off the oven but leave the trays of granola in there. Allow it to cool gently in the oven for an hour or two. I find this gives extra crunchy granola!
TIP – Oats and ovens can differ greatly therefore the cooking time may be different for each person e.g.instant / smaller oats will take considerably less time to bake, thicker oats will take longer to bake. I find gluten free oats take the longest time to bake, some oats have even taken me up to 2 hours! I would recommend tasting it every 15 minutes to see how crunchy it is and turning off the oven when it is golden brown and to your liking.
Feel free to tag me on Instagram (@purely_vic), I would love to know how you found the recipe or if you made any variations.
Don’t forget to like, comment, share and follow below ☺️