Each serving contains approx 140 calories, excluding any sides you have.
- 400g Mushrooms (can use Button, Chestnut, Portobello, or any kind you like, or even mixed)
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Vegetable stock cube1 litre Water
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cups Hazelnut milk
- 1/2 tsp Cornflour
- Salt & black pepper
- (Optional) Any greens you like – I added sugar snap peas but you can add spinach, peas or anything else.
- (Optional Sides) Rice, Baked Potato, Bread etc
- Chop mushrooms, and panfry on a medium heat with a small amount of olive oil (You can water fry here instead if you are watching you oil intake).
- Add crushed garlic
- Add green veggies, if you are using them
- Once mushrooms and garlic are cooked, crumble stock cube directly onto them in the pan and stir for a minute or two to allow the flavours to melt into the mushrooms.
- Add half of the hazelnut milk and stir
- With the remaining hazelnut milk, mix with the cornflour in a small bowl / cup to form a paste. Add this to the pan and mix.
- Season with salt & pepper, and add the fresh herbs.
- Cook on a high heat for ten minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Serve with any sides of your choosing
Great served with rice, baked potatoes or on top of toasted bread as a bruschetta.
For a gluten free bread recipe, check out my previous post: https://purelyvic.com/2016/09/10/chickpea-bread-loaf-gluten-dairy-free/
Feel free to tag me on Instagram (@purely_vic), I would love to know how you found the recipe or if you made any variations.
Don’t forget to like, comment, share and follow below ☺️