When you want a quick, easy, filling & summery supper!
- 200g spaghetti (I use gluten-free rice spaghetti)
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 grated garlic clove
- salt & pepper
- Handful of rocket leaves
- Handful of toasted pine nuts
- Sprinkling of nutritional yeast
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Once cooked, season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan on a low heat until golden.
- Make the pesto: Combine the avocado, lime juice, crushed / grated garlic, salt & pepper in a processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust, adding more lemon / garlic / salt as necessary.
- Combine the pasta with the pesto.
- Serve with rocket leaves, toasted pine nuts and a sprinkling of nutritional yeast.